Tuesday, September 24, 2013

9. Safe Practices For Life Online

1. Three online social networking sites would be: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

2. After searching online I have found several cases in which students and also older employees have been punished for putting innapropriate things on social networking websites. This is not uncommon at all. After reviewing various articles it is apparent that there should definitely be some evaluation and caution used before posting anything online.

3.
Sexting: Any sexually explicit picture or use of innapropriate language via text message.
Cookies: Various data left over from using the computer, associated with history.
Trojan Horse: A type of virus commonly used.
Phishing: Also associated with viruses, it involves a form of manipulation from other online users.
Spyware: A way for users to view other items on another users computer.
Rootkit: Another using unknowingly taking control of another users computer.
Zombie: Not a walking corpse, but a computer being used which has been compromised by a virus.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/s/sexting/
http://evestigate.com/cyber-crime-hacker-terms-to-know/

4. Those usernames are poor choices because they give off an innapropriate vibe. If you were to come into contact with one of these usernames they would definatly gice off a bad first inpression. They would noit be very acceptable, especially in a proffesional setting.

5. This list of screen names have a provocative tone to them. They seem to want to draw attention to themselves by using innapropriate or suggestive terminology.

6. These screen names all include personal information.

Tom_Evans34: This gives a full name and you don't want anyone to know your information it could make identity theft much easier.

Missy-13: Once again this gives a name and you don't want anyone to get anything to do with your name.

AndyKarateKid: This once again gives out a name but also a hobby which is even more information.

ViolinGurl: Gives out a hobby makes you easier to locate.

restlinmatch: Gives out another hobby makes you easier to find.

7. Good or Bad Name Choices?

Good
Bad
Good
Bad
Good
Good
Good
Bad
Good
Bad
Bad
Bad
Good
Bad
Bad
Good

8. 3 Possible Acceptable Screen Names

1. Nature233
2. SharkWeek567
3. Apples402

9. Password Score:
a. No
b. No
c. No
d. No
e. Yes +2
f. Yes +2
g. No
h. No
i. No
j. Yes -2
k. No
l. No
m. No
n. No
o. No
p. No

Total Score: 2

10. I would say the most common reason students online accounts are broken into would be because Students give their passwords out to their friends who then decide to to use it or give it to others who use it. I would say the least common would be other students watching their keyboard.


The first test I selected was the Identity Theif test. I scored about halfway up the bar between lowest risk level and highest risk level. I feel as if my score would have been worse if I actually ever wrote personal checks or had a credit card.

The second test I selected was Are You an Unwitting Accomplice in Crime test. This test really didn't affect me at all. I never use online chatrooms or anything like that. The only risk I scored was for entering my birthday and things of that nature online. But that was to fill out online applications through secure websites. The only chats online I do are through facebook and I never respond to anyone I don't know.

The Third and final test I took was Are You the Lucky Winner in a Sweepstakes or Lottery test. This test didn't really affect me either. I always see popups and ocassionally ge emails saying that I have won money or prizes but I constantly ignore them. Obviously those things are not true, and I just view them as distractions and a poor attempt at trying to get my personal information.

After watching this video I have learned much. The main idea is that you can just simply go to a site and viruses can easily make their way onto computers. The man in the video explains how easily attacks can happen with drive-by downloads. At the end of the video he gives various tips on how you can protect you computer from viruses.
This video definitely has showed me that I am not very experienced or knowledgable in virus protection. It was really scary to hear some of the things he mentioned. One of the scariest things to me is the fact that you can't even always tell when your computer is being attacked. I have lost 2 laptops to viruses, and most likely it's because I was unaware my computers were being attacked or setup with viruses. This video has informed me with loads of information that I never knew anything about. It's just too crazy how fast a virus can just be downloaded to your computer before you even can know whats going on. I now know the importance of assuring that your computer is protection.


No comments:

Post a Comment